If you want to get into shape, but don’t have time for hours of cardio every day or want to try something different than your current workout routine, this beginner’s workout program is perfect for you. It takes about 20 minutes a day and burns between 500 and 600 calories each time you do it. That means that if you follow it for 4 weeks (and do not cheat), you’ll lose between 1-1.5 pounds depending on how much fat your body stores compared to muscle mass—and that’s without any other exercise added in!
- Warm up with a 10-minute walking routine and then perform the following exercises:
- Press-ups (one set of 25 reps)
- Dumbbell shoulder press (one set of 12 reps)
- Dumbbell lat pulldown (one set of 12 reps)
In week 2 of this 4-week beginner’s workout program, you’ll be doing the following exercises:
- Bench Press (flat bar)
- 3 sets of 10 reps each with 60% of your one rep max (1RM)
- Rest 1 minute between sets
During the third week, you’ll perform a total of three workouts. These workouts are performed on a mat or carpeted floor and can be done with either a partner or jump rope.
- Exercise 1: Swimming laps in a pool (30 minutes)
- Exercise 2: Running/jogging outside (30 minutes)
- Exercise 3: Mountain climbing (30 minutes)
WEEK 4: DAY 1
- Warm up and stretch.
- Dumbbell shoulder press: 3 sets x 8 reps, with a weight that allows you to get 10 of your 10 rep maxes in by the end of each set (this will be different for everyone depending on their strength).
- Bench press: 3 sets x 8-12 reps with 90% of your 1RM (1 rep max), resting 30 seconds between each set. This workout should be challenging but doable – if it’s too hard or too easy, adjust accordingly!
This workout program is designed for the beginning level of fitness.
This workout program is designed for the beginning level of fitness. It is a 4-week program and can be done at home, in your office or any other location where you have access to a chair, water bottle, towel, and TV/monitor.
This beginner’s workout plan is meant to be done as part of an active lifestyle rather than isolated from it – so don’t forget: all you need are some dumbbells (or kettlebells), some resistance band sets (you can get these for less than $20 on Amazon) and some decent shoes (I like Nike Free 5.0).
The workout program is designed to be completed 4 times per week over a period of 4 weeks. You should aim to do each exercise for the prescribed time and then rest for 60 seconds before moving on to the next exercise. You can add more sets or reps if you choose, but make sure that you are keeping perfect form on every move – this will keep your muscles warm and prevent injury!
for more info click here