If you’re looking to lose weight, MyFitnessPal can be a powerful tool to help you on your journey. But, it has its limitations. What if you’re looking for more than just calorie tracking? With that in mind, here are the top five MyFitnessPal alternatives to try out today!
No. 1 – FitDay
- FitDay- FitDay is a comprehensive, flexible program that provides nutritional information and exercise plans to help you meet your weight loss goals. It’s also the world’s first interactive healthy lifestyle tool! The site offers users the ability to store information about their activity level, body measurements, calorie intake, and glucose levels. That data will then be shared with health professionals for review.
- SparkPeople- SparkPeople can be considered more of a weight loss community than an app; however, it includes tools like a database of food nutrition facts and recommendations on how to reach certain calorie goals per day.
No. 2 – SparkPeople
MyFitnessPal can be a great resource to help you lose weight, but they are also notoriously expensive. Fortunately, there are plenty of other free or inexpensive alternatives that will give you the same features with a lot less hassle. You might want to consider:
– SparkPeople: You’ll be able to track your food intake, exercise habits, and even set goals with this website’s interactive tools.
– Daily Burn: This is another website that offers calorie calculators and ways to track what you eat and do every day.
– Lose It!: With tools that are very similar to SparkPeople, you’ll have a strong foundation for tracking your diet and exercise habits.
No. 3 – HealthifyMe
What is HealthifyMe? HealthifyMe offers a fitness coach with personalized plans, calorie counting, shopping lists, and more to help you meet your weight-loss goals. As an alternative to MyFitnessPal’s dieting guides, this platform helps you find the right balance of diet and exercise. The available meal plans range from 2,000-3,500 calories per day.
HealthifyMe is best for dieters who want a little extra guidance. Your coach will help you reach your goals with your daily calorie intake and meal plan, as well as exercise advice based on how many calories you can eat that day. The app also helps you shop for groceries to keep your pantry stocked. Plus, HealthifyMe has detailed database of healthy foods so you can easily identify which foods are better for weight loss than others.
No. 2 – eMeals: What is eMeals? If tracking every calorie in your food isn’t ideal for your life, eMeals might be a good alternative to MyFitnessPal or another calorie-counting app.
No. 4 – LoseIt!
LoseIt! is an excellent alternative to MyFitnessPal. One of the biggest reasons for this is that LoseIt! is able to sync with Fitbit or Jawbone devices to automatically track your caloric intake. It’s free and has no advertisements so it doesn’t slow down your system performance like MyFitnessPal does. If you’re looking for something that will help you meet daily nutritional needs while still giving you a variety, LoseIt! is definitely worth a try.
Another feature that makes LoseIt! an excellent alternative to MyFitnessPal is that it provides you with a list of food suggestions. If you don’t know what to eat or are tired of eating your same old meals every day, loseit’s Food Explorer can help with that. Not only does it have nutritional information for over 2 million different foods, but it also has portion size and nutrition analysis for restaurants and restaurant chains in addition to recipes from popular magazines such as Woman’s Day and Cooking Light.
No. 5 – Livestrong: One of our other favorite alternatives to MyFitnessPal is Livestrong.
No. 5 – Under Armour Record
MyFitnessPal is an excellent resource for tracking your calories, exercise routines, and weight loss progress. With that said, it does come with a couple of downsides: you need to have the app open on your phone at all times (the interface is only available via mobile), and the app doesn’t have a full food database. If you’re looking for an alternative that provides calorie-tracking without any extra work or calories added in (exercise), Under Armour Record may be a better option. The app uses Apple Health as its main source of input data, which means it will sync with whatever other apps you’ve got installed.